The leaders of the French political parties appealed to the country’s president to guarantee the security of Artsakh and Armenia.
Political leaders of different parties in France, despite their different political views, published a joint open letter in the daily newspaper “Le Monde”, which has the largest audience in France, requesting the intervention of the French president to guarantee the security of Artsakh and the Republic of Armenia. The Embassy of Armenia in France informed about this on its Facebook page. The letter suggests:
– Condemn Azerbaijan for violation of international law, occupation of a part of the territory of the Republic of Armenia and war crimes.
– Plan a humanitarian presence in Artsakh and provide immediate economic assistance to Armenia.
– To meet the representatives of Artsakh.
– Mediate with the partners of the European Union and the United States of America, so that they take the same steps, and impose economic and political sanctions against Azerbaijan with them.
– Mediate with our partners in the European Union and the United States of America to restart the Stepanakert airport and ensure the safety of air communication with Artsakh.
– Submit a claim to the International Criminal Court with the prospect of the UN Security Council sending an international peacekeeping force.