Karmrakuch is a village with a great Armenian historical past.
A number of Armenian monuments were preserved in the village and around the village, among which the Church of the Holy Saviour, dating from the 13th century.
In 1907 Karmrakuch had 537 Armenian residents.
In the Soviet period, after the annexation of Artsakh to Soviet Azerbaijan, Karmrakuch was part of the Hadrut region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
In 1974 the village had 224 Armenian residents. An eight-year school, a library, and a kindergarten were operating in Karmrakuch.
At the beginning of the Artsakh movement, in 1988, a self-defense squad was formed in Karmrakuch (commander: G. Alaverdyan, from 1989: A. Sargsyan), which participated in the self-defense and liberation battles of Karmrakuch, Aygestan and other settlements of Hadrut region.
2020 As a result of the third Artsakh war, Karmrakuch was occupied by the armed forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan.